The GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking is designed to facilitate belay maneuvers. The GRIGRI 2 works equally well for lead climbing and top roping. The GRIGRI 2's design allows for excellent descent control.
- May be used on all 8.9 to 11mm dynamic single ropes - optimized for 9.4 to 10.3mm ropes
- Compact and lightweight
- Stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure long life
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior & exterior)
- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by gripping the brake side of the rope with your hand.
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the brake side of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- The GRIGRI 2's design allows for excellent descent control. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. Combined with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of security when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- Weight: 170g
- Colours: Turquoise, Grey, Yellow
- Guarantee: 3 years
- Certification: EN15151, UIAA