Exped Down Mats: Super comfortable, infinitely warmer and more compact than any other comparable mat of similar weight. Now with the integrated pump for easy inflation, a perfect addition to your kit.
Includes: stuff sack, repair kit with adhesive and fabric patches.
Available in 7cm M, LW and 9cm M and DLX.
- Heat loss is dramatically reduced by the down insulation inside the mat, as demonstrated by EMPA, the Swiss Federal Laboratories for "Materials Testing and Research", plus extensive field tests on expeditions.
- The thick cushion of air also provides comfort and smooths out uneven ground.
- Downmats pack smaller than other insulated mats.
- Both low profile FlatValves one for inflation and the other for deflation, ensure ease of use. As the valves are flat and not on the mat's edge they do not protrude and are therefore protected.
- Light foam blocks at the mat's ends prevent down from escaping or migrating between chambers.
- Laminated polyester fabric is both durable, airtight and humidity resistant. The shell's top surface is of brushed polyester fabric that provides excellent slip resistance and comfort next to the skin.
- Dark colours dry quickly.
- The seams are high frequency welded for durability.
- Two fabric grommets at the head end can be used to secure the packsack to the mat when used as a pillow.
- The DownMat 7 mats have an R-Value of 5.9 and is about the same weight as a standard 2.5cm self inflating mat that only has an R-Value of 2.5. Further EMPA tests demonstrated that regular mats lose 3x more heat to cold ground than to air.
- Users can use a lighter weight sleeping bag with a DownMat to achieve consistent overall comfort, and still reduce weight and bulk! * Exped only uses IDFL-certified goose down, specially treated to eliminate the effects of humidity that may reach the mat's interior.